Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Renal Diabetic Diet I Have A 12 Year Old Female Cat, Overweight, Recently Diagnosed With Diabetes. What Should I Do?

I have a 12 year old female cat, overweight, recently diagnosed with diabetes. What should I do? - renal diabetic diet

2 weeks ago I learned that my cat of 12 years are diabetics with renal insufficiency. I took her to the vet remarked, after he urinating a lot and drink plenty of water. It reached the point where I can every day dump their litter. ) Poos, on the carpet and rub his butt on the carpet (scooter, because of the swelling.

My vet gave me three options:

1) I give insulin injections twice a day and change your special diet for their cat dietbetic weight.
2) I can do nothing and let nature take its course.
3), which have a place to sleep.

I gave him injections of insulin for a week and now I am not sure whether to help or who would like to continue to do so. What makes my decision more difficult is that there seems not much pain. It is weak and may have arteritis, and decreased significantly, but seems more thorough. Under the vet is also very stressful for her, and she does not.

What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment